Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 23:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Ahhh, veggies! It doesn't seem like I can get enough of them, LOL. Great ways to get in veggies are to have a few left-over from dinner. I also keep a lot of frozen veggies on hand, which helps.

Along in the afternoon I'll sometimes heat some broccoli and cauliflower in the microwave then melt a slice of cheese on it. It's scrumptious! We do a lot of stir-fries around here, too, which makes use of cheap cuts of meat, and you can throw in just about any vegetable you can think of. A day without salad is like a day without sunshine!

Another favorite is something along the lines of tuna casserole, but instead of using noodles, we use cauliflower and chopped spinach, and instead of tuna I use baked turkey (one of my kids hates tuna--come to think of it she really doesn't like this casserole that well, but the rest of us do! LOL).

Do you cook any roasts, or roast chicken? If so, bake cabbage with the meat. Just add it shortly before the meat's ready to come out of the oven. If you're fixing hamburger patties, sautee a few mushrooms and an onion slice to top it.

If/when you make salads, stay away from lettuce and use things like spinach, fresh broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, so on and so forth (a few more carbs=a few more calories from veggies--and WAY more nutrition). We've even gone to adding quite a bit of parsley to our salads because it's super high in nutrients and very inexpensive, and adds a wonderful flavor.