View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 20:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

A friend of mine was having good success with Atkins and he kept telling me about it, so I requested the book from the library - long wait list. He kept saying it wasn't just about losing weight, it was about feeling better. I've been dealing with injuries, and had been unable to exercise. For the first summer (2003) I could remember, I couldn't ride my bicycle. I was starting to get desperate!

I finally got the book, and read it in a day and a half! I bookmarked the Atkins site and prepared my kitchen before I started. I check the site regularly when I have questions. It's a great resource.

By the time the first two weeks were done I was feeling more energetic. It may not take the pain away, but I fully believe I can deal with everything better now.

I started walking about 3 weeks after I started and have been walking almost every day since. A friend at work also started LCing around the same time and she's a great support for me.

I lost quicker than I'd expected to in the beginning, but now I've slowed down to a more regular 1 to 2 pounds per week. I'll take it slow and get to goal whenever I get there - I'm hooked on feeling better.