View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 19:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/179.4/128 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 18%

I hate to tell all of you chocoholics that the Barry Callebaut chocolate that I buy is honest to goodness,'eat it right off of the block', melt in your mouth, Belgian chocolate.
It's called 'couverture' chocolate, which means that it has cocoa butter and is suitable for tempering and making truffles and I've done it many times.
The bad news is that it is very good and it's sugar free and it's full of maltitol.
when I first bough it I completely o'd on it but now I'm a bit better at self control.
I teach a course on how to work with chocolate ganache, truffles, fondues and pates and I use this chocolate for my low carb customers.
One day we should all get together and do this as a craft, maybe in the fall. Start with a pot luck and finish with a chocolate class. It would be a good 'celebration'.
For now just email me if you'd like some. I have a couple of kilos of each semi sweet, milk & white chocolate. It's $9/pound but you can just buy a couple of ounces if you'd like. I'll bring some to try.
Michelle