View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 15:25
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I was very active. I injured myself and then moved and sunk into a deep depression. I gained over 100 lbs in one year and avoided everyone, because I was so ashamed of how big I have gotten. I refused to even see my family since they are highly critical of things like that. That entire year I was trying to lose weight and the more I tried the more I gained it seemed.

Atkins seemed like the stupidest thing anyone could ever do. I thought it would make me worse and damage my health and I knew it all. While I was struggling on starvation diets and living on bags of popcorn and fat free turnkey breast and mustard my good friend who was just diagnosed with epilepsy when he turned 31 was reading about it and telling me about the ketogenic diet and his mother wanted to help him along and so she decided to do atkins and he decided to do it with her. He kept praising it and I kept saying you are nuts, I cant give up popcorn and bread and ketchup and pasta. I didnt want to go near fat. If I ate 10g of fat a day it was a lot.

He would read to me clips from the book or send me to the website. He finally got me a copy of the book and made me a list of all the foods that I liked (fruits and veggies) and the carb counts. I finally did some research of my own and decided it was worth a shot.

The more I began to research the more I began to really understand and the more I realized how much it was helping my health! How much better I began to feel and how much I began to enjoy life more!

I know I have lost tons of weight and feel better and everyone comments but since I look at myself every day, I dont look any different to me. Its weird. I took a before picture but it was taken with a real cam, not a digi one and I am too ashamed to get the film developed and I dont want to know what I looked like.

Maybe when I reach goal.