View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 13:20

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

My defining moment was last Easter. I had taken my son to visit my inlaws over the holidays and my father inlaw video taped us coloring Easter eggs. When I saw the tape and did not recognize myself - how could that be me? I knew I was fat, just not THAT large. I looked at me sweet son and thought how he must feel to have a cow for a mom. Would he be teased because his mom was the largest parent? Would I start to have health problems and not even see him grow up? It is about a 5 or 6 hour drive back home from inlaws house and by the time I got home I had decided that I was going to make a change.

I had recently heard a description of the Atkins diet and when I got home I told my husband (disgustingly healthy, active and in shape) I wanted to give it a try. He was supportive and said he would change his eatting too and go lc with me. The next day went to bookstore and got the book. We agreed we would do the 2 week induction by the book and see if it worked, it sounded too easy. The rest as they say is history. I have lost about 80 pounds and feel great. I have gone from a size 2 or 3X to a size 12. Had my blood work done a while back with great results. Now I get to shoot hoops with ds and go bike riding with him. As a family we go hiking or do more fun stuff together. Life is good.

Marie