#14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I'd suggest counting calories, it has foiled my stall and I'm losing good again. Stay low carb, but move into OWL and count calories. Yes, I know its a little passe, but heck, the body still responds by losing weight when you limit the calories coming in.

Probably last time I counted calories was a couple decades ago. Everyone has moved onto counting other stuff, points, carbs, fat, but my bod hasn't gotten the message and it is clinging stubbornly to ancient fads.

I don't doubt that low calorie diets work. But I don't feel like that's what I signed up for with Atkins. You can eat low carb, lower cal and technically be on WW. I may do it yet but I think it is a bit misleading. Are the first successful months of low carbing a kind of bridge to get you to the same tedious low cal deprivation that everyone has always recommended?

I don't mean to jump on your advice Nancy. This is just a pet peeve of mine. Does low carbing have a metabolic advantage or not? And if so, does it wear off after an initial phase?