View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 20:03

Plan: pp
Stats: 173/152/145
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default quick fix to way of life

hi...I just found this site a week or so, and it's great. I've done low-carb dieting before, but with none of the resources that I've found here. I'm sure It'll come in handy.

Here's my question: I've done low carb dieting before. (I lost 30 pounds a year and a half ago after having my second child) It worked great, I felt great, and then I went off it for a year, I gained more than half the weight back, but I guess it was okay in my strange, feeble, little mind since I could console myself with a snickers bar (or three). Oh well....I decided I needed a change. I started back up a few weeks ago, and this time, more than the last, I noticed that besides the weight loss, I just felt so much better. I actually have more energy (even with two boys under 4)!!! I cheated once, and spent the next three hours in bed ( of course I cheated with cookie dough A lot of cookie dough.) Anyway, I said I had a question, so here it is. I am SO in love with the way I feel, so I want to make this a permanent thing, instead of a quick fix with a cut off date like I did before. Problem...bad self-control and a pantry stuffed with bananas, gronola bars and goldfish crackers. How has everybody made the transition when they've gotten closer to their target weight? What about living with a skinny husband and a family that's very supportive, but not low-carbing....hence dinners are very hard. I want to do this indefinetely, but it's hard to watch my family eat (fill in the blank) in front of me. Sorry to babble, but does it get easier??? I just feel so much better, and I can tell this is what my body needs....I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links