View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 16:44
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Suzana - I don't follow this (well not intentionally anyway ) but I know a very little about it - it has to do with increasing the hormone leptin which has something to do with how the body decides to store fat - the refeeding is supposed to help increase the leptin in the body. EDIT - sorry I was rushing and forgot to say that the refeeding itself is just as it sounds - you consume a LOT of calories in a set period of time - but they are to be a specific type of calories I think almost pure sugar is what recommended - like candies and dry sweet cereals - there is a very precise way of doing this so you should research it well before attempting it. Sometimes people who do a lot of weight lifting or body builders will do a type of refeeding and some dieters will do another type of refeeding once every couple of weeks, the theory being that this will prevent the body from going into starvation mode.

When Wanda (WCollier) was posting here, she did quite a bit of research on it if you do a search here on the forum for leptin you will most likely run across some of her very informative posts on it - or google it and you can check it out at other sources.