Thread: Rant!
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 11:06

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Sorry Arcticslug that you can't find a nice family-run restaurant in Prince George (I think that is where you said you were from). I have found 3 restaurants in Edmonton (I'm sure there are more) that are run by entire families and that I have frequented for years. These people work very hard at what they do, they are friendly, eager to please and will substitute whatever I want (within reason) when I order. I'm sure that if everyone made a concerted effort to locate family-run restaurants and businesses locally, everyone would benefit (except maybe the chains).\

Here is a site for pasture raised animal and organic farms in Canada. There are many in B.C. Maybe it will help somewhat and lead to other similar sites.

http://www.eatwild.com/products/canada.html

Actually everyone should check out this site because there are many articles on here explaining the differences in raising grass fed animals as opposed to feed-lot animals and outlining all benefits. Excellent site.

I keep editing this response. Also forgot to mention that I drop by Halal meat markets looking for fresh chicken livers, hearts and gizzards. My local one almost always has bags of them, separated so that you can buy them separately if you wish. Perhaps you could check to see if there is one in Prince George.