View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 00:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Heres a note for you to think about....several years ago I did a weight loss program that allowed only 700 calories a day, as did about 10 of my good friends. We lost weight, I went from a size 24 to a size 12, in a about 6 months,,,and everyone else on the program lost extreme amounts of weight also. But we all found ourselves very moody, depressed and not feeling well in genereal. Within one year, we had all gained back ALL the wieigh we had lost PLUS MORE! The doctor told me that I had almost destroyed my metabolism and hormonal balance, because my body was eating iself..muscle instead of fat. I have found it very hard to lose weight ever since then...and have recently learned that in order to repair my metabolism, I need to eat at least 1500 calories a day,,and to eat every couple of hours something,,,a piece of cheese, a small salad, cottage cheese, an egg,,,in order to keep my metabolism stoked like a small furnace, so that it keeps burning fat steadily. Since I have recently started Atkins, I try to eat near ten times my weight as he advises, and to eat often as my doctor suggests. I have been on the Atkins WOE for 12 days and have lost 17 pounds so far. so something is working. I have not been hungry or suffered from any cravings. I am very excited. So , up those calories, because if you dont, you will pay for it in the long run. I was 41 years old when I did the other plan, did it for almost a year. and I am 57 years old now and still feeling the effects of that other diet. Its not worth it,,,eat healthy!! And enjoy the trip!! The best to ya!! PS00dont ever skip breakfast!!! Get that fire burning so it will burn all day long!! Have a great day, hope this helps!