View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 22:35

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Really confused about ketostix....

Alright...so when your body is in ketosis, it's using fat as energy (not those ugly carbs), so are the ketones the biproducts of that (a biproducts that is bad to leave in out body)????
Or are the ketones our energy? B/c that info that said ketonestix don't show up for some people b/c they don't have excess? Since mine are showing up, I have excess? Now you'll see how really confused I am...Do I have excess b/c maybe that means my body is using the carbs instead? Alright I'm confused...somebody straighten me out.
Also, I only need a trace to show up on the stix for ketosis, well mine said moderate (40 mg and I'm drinking 5 liters of H20.day). Is that perfect? Can I get more in ketosis? And what's this I read about how a consentration of them in the blood stream is bad (i.e. dark purple stix)...is that only (bad) b/c it means your dehydrated, could you have that many 160 ketones and not be dehydrated?

If anyone can answers these Q's for me, I will love them to death...lol

See...I've been using my nasty breath to tell that I'm in ketosis, but I thought I would use something more scientific and gradituding (is that a word?), but instead I'm confused with pink stix, that I know are good, but don't know why...

Thanks everyone for straightening me out
Sponsored Links