#12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFletcher
Daily. Sudden gains can then often be tracked down to something I ate the day before.

I also weigh daily but given that I have a lot to lose and get that the longer I take to lose it the better off I am I don't get hung up on the numbers, but I do track them in fit day and before that, using excel. I do find that trends emerge and if I pay attention to them I learn something - which has helped a lot in not letting the numbers dictate my mood. After spending a month or more in the same two pounds up and down the only thing I could see was that maybe for me I do have to watch calories. Since starting that (and I am not talking 1200 calories, more like 1600-1800 per day) I have seen a slightly faster loss, but I still have days where it jumps up for no real reason. There has yet to be a pattern, at least one that I can detect, to explain it, so it is just one of those things that has probably always happened but which I never noticed.

Weighing is like everything else - YMMV - you have to know how you will react to it before you decide to do it. If it is going to ruin your day maybe you shouldn't do it.

PecanPie