View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 19:28

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I use the Designer Whey Protein Powder in chocolate and french vanilla. The french vanilla gets used in shakes as well in LC baked goods. It's wonderful in LC pancakes such as in Dana Carpender;s 500 Low-Carb Recipes book. I also put it in my hot cereal mix.

I make my vanilla shakes in the blender with water or Hood's LC milk. I've used different proportions of yogurt and fruit as well. How generous a yogurt and fruit protion I add depends on where my carbs are at for the day. When I have frozen fruit I use that instead of the crushed ice as I like to add to make it extra thick. I've used SF DaVinci syrup in my favorite flavors straight from the bottle or frozen in ice cubes and added to the shake.

For the chocolate shakes I use the Hood's LC chocolate milk. Waldenfarms has a chocolate fudge type ice cream syrup available that has zero carbs, fat, calories, zero everything except for a little sodium. I've not added that in yet, but plan to if I get a serious chocolate craving. I think a TBSP or two of peanut butter in the shake might make it taste like a liquid Reese cup. I've not tried that yet either, but plan to the next time I crave PB. I've frozen leftover coffee into ice cubes and added those along with some SF DaVinci Kaluah type syrup for a wonderful tasting shake.

I've also added flaxseed meal to my shakes. I think the possibilities for customizing the shakes to suit one's taste and needs are promising.