View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/128/110
BF:
Progress: 28%
Talking Just Bought Dr. Atkins Book, Can't wait to start! =)

Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum all day long, It is great to see the motivation and support I have been reading!!
My story:
I have always been a bit overweight, even with working out and eating low cal I have never been able to get to my ideal weight, and I was ALWAYS hungry lol, and when you are hungry temptation is harder to resist!
I had my first son 14 months ago, gained a lot of weight up to 175 (I am 5'3) but after giving birth lost weight at about 1-2 pounds a day for a couple weeks, thinking it would be easy and perhaps I would miraculously become one of the people who weighed LESS after giving birth than before they became pregnant...didn't happen lol...I stopped my weight loss at around 140, and I am now hovering around 135 slightly watching what I eat and trying to exercise, but I am a stay at home mom so when the baby naps one of the last things I want to do for that hour is get on an exercise bike lol.
This way of eating/living looks like just what I need, since I was young all I have ever eaten is tons and tons of carbs..and dairy, I love skim milk, american cheese, bread, PASTA lol...you know the drill!
In my cupboard all I see are chips, crackers, pasta and macncheese lol...I know I will need to clean it out and go shopping, I plan on doing that this weekend and starting the 2 week intro to the atkins diet. Problem is, I don't like veggies really, the green leafy kind nor do I like fish...I hope I can overcome this somehow hehe
I am 24, married, my husband is 26 and is one of those people who is just skinny, never gains weight..he actually TRIES to gain but to no avail, weights 130 (cry less than me and hes taller! lol)
Been looking to take off these 20 pounds since I was about 15, and now it's time to buckle down with a program that works, I have faith in this way of eating, and in all of you to be there to support me, I have never felt so motivated as I have felt reading all of your imput and success stories/journels etc
A big problem I have is beer....ugh I know its got to have insane amounts of carbs lol...but in trying to live healthy it's something I need to give up or at least drink less of anyway ....I think when I start eating right and feeling nourished and full my cravings will go away, I think part of the cravings are the carbs in it? Not sure lol...anyway I have rambled on enough, can't wait to hear from you all!
Take care everyone!
Sponsored Links