View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 10:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

I appreciate your honest post Its the Wooo. We all feel down sometimes and it is important to remember that weight loss isn't the magical solution to all problems and depression. But it is certainly an important step if for no other reason than to remove that idea. Ok, now I am a normal weight--what could be the other sources of my anxiety? I think that is the question you are asking.

You are young. You have probably considered talking to a therapist and I think that would be a good idea, though scary at first. I'm going to make an off the wall suggestion and recommend a book called Emergence by Temple Grandin. She is a scientist who was labeled as autistic when she was a child; she is a brilliant analytical woman who has never felt very comfortable around other people. I found this book years ago when I was doing research to help my son, who was having social interaction problems. Since then Grandin has been written about by Oliver Sacks and become a minor celebrity. But reading about her experience in her own words was very moving, and also heartening, because she has been able to live by her own values and be successful.