View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 09:51

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Not that I agree with the article entirely, but I will say that some types of exercise *are* difficult for many people on very low carb levels. Sprinters (which includes HIIT cardio) and lifters are intentionally working their bodies in that 'fight or flight' zone. While some people are able to keep to such a regimen on very low carbs, many others need to go to the 40-100 range. Even Stu Mittleman says that to stay within the fat burning zone, you need to *slow down*, essentially admitting that certain levels of performance require carbs. This doesn't mean one type of performance is essentially superior to the other, but on the other hand, it also doens't mean one type is esssentially less valuable than the other, either. Stu likes to run long distances at a relatively even clip. Cool. Lifters and sprinters like to do something else, and to do that, they often need a slightly different diet. Also cool.

All I'm saying here is be careful not to think too harshly about those who need a few more carbs to do what they like to do.

Cheers,

Friday