View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 03:29

Plan: low carbs and low GI inde
Stats: 225/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:?Don't Wanna Know!
Progress: 67%
Lightbulb Clothing for "inbetween" sizes

I never thought about posting this here until a friend suggested it. I have been buying my clothes at thrift shops and/or second hand shops because it is too expensive to buy a new size every month or so. It never occured to me that others may not think of this idea so maybe you all would like to try this idea. It sure does save a pile of money and you can actually leave the house in clothes that fit! Although, those big baggy ones do feel nice to put on every now and then!

This is what made me post here!

"DID go to the second hand shop yesterday though, was really exciting! It's a really good one, and I'll be back there again when I'm down some more. Still got 4 nice tops, and a dress that I can sqeeeeeze into ( 1 size too small), still shows a bulge or two, but I really liked it, and it was only $10.00 ( about $5.00 US) so I figured I couldn't go wrong.......you should do a thread on that idea...you know, going to the thrift shops for the "inbetween clothes" - if it hadn't been for you, I would never have thought going."

The clothes in my "in progress" picture in my gallery came from a Salvation Army thrift store jeans (St. John's Bay - JcPenney) 3.99 - don't think they were ever worn - tank top 99 cents - not too bad for 5 dollars - definately couldn't have bought them at a regular store for that!

Good Luck - hope you all save piles of money and look like a million bucks!
Barb
Sponsored Links