#9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

An early answer from a semi-virtuous goyem (me) -

The rules for pre-Pesach prepared food are extensive and complex. A summary of low-desputed practices as summarized by an Atheist (me) as folllows:

Traditional Pesach fare includes 4 cups of wine (ultra-sweet, primarily [or not]), fish/fish products, meat (on a bone), an egg, a lot of matzoh (usu. high-carb flour-based), various low/high-carb veggies/spreads, a bit of greenery, etc.

For Feminists, there are interesting pronouncements related to "an orange on the Seder Plate".

A well-constructed low-carb Pesach meal can minimize carbs but is less than modernly traditional (but not less holy).

I would urge any interested person, regardless of faith, next year, to purchase a place at your local synagogue's seder site. The price will be a bit, but the insight into historical faith will be beyond valuing.

As an disclaimer: I am NOT Jewish, nor have I ever been Jewish. I am an Xian by heritage; an Atheist by personal faith; a loving friend of the Jews, and a relentless foe of anyone who attacks the Jewish people.

Frank (gotbeer [at] flash [dot] net)