View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 22:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/222/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I had my gall bladder removed a year ago this May. I was a little concerned when I started Atkins 2 months ago because one of the last things the doctor said to me was, "Do not eat foods high in fat". I've not had any problems, though I do tend to stick to white meats as opposed to red meats. That doesn't mean I don't have a burger patty or a steak now and then. I'm one of those odd people who did not have to have my GB removed because of fatty stones. I had one huge cholesterol stone that was formed from going on a starvation diet and dropping a huge amount of weight in a short time. When you lose by starving, you body emits a chemical that is prone to creating these huge stones. Meals high in fat were not giving me the GB attacks. In fact, things like raw bell pepper set them off worse.

Also on a good note - I was prescribed acid reducers last year to take daily because I had an awful problem with acid reflux. Since starting Atkins, I've only had 3 acid reducers in 2 months! I've very excited about that.

Sorry I rambled!

Vicki B.