View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 09:40

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Angry ARRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I used to think I was intelligent - but after two days on the Atkins -Induction I am changing my mind.

Problems: I could not take an assignment today - (I am a sub. teacher) because I was afraid pee would be running down my leg or I'd be jumping and hopping like the kids do when they need to go to the bathroom!!! Yesterday, I lived in the bathroom - even at 10:30- 11;30 p.m. at night. Needless to say, no sleep. Today, I am mad that (a) I could not work (due to fear) and (b) I was so tired and aggrevated. I was so tired - I grabbed what I thought was Mayo for my daughter;s sandwich and it was ranch dressing -- of course the time was running out and threw it all away - and gave her money to buy a lunch at school. A truly great morning here at my house

I know that I drank much less water than you do - some of you are drinking vats - I had maybe a liter and half - there is no way to do more, I'm sorry. I am not a water drinker - diet coke yes, water, no. I tried but I can't do it.

Yesterday, I was never hungry - hard to believe when you are a blimp like me. But, honestly I grabbed some cheese cubes and had a burger (no bun) and later some cheese again. I realized I ate nothing - so I made a huge salad - I know that it was way more than 2 cups - but I needed to do it quickly - threw on eggs, some chicken and veggies - including little tomotoes - I know another no no, but I ate it all. I am sure I did this wrong, too. I felt full. Your posts say to eat 10-12 times your weight - okay I weigh 300 - x 10 = _____-#$$%*&& that 's alot of cals. no way unless I ate jars of mayo - I mean what kind of food are we talking?

This morning during this horrid mood, I made myself eat something - so I grabbed some turkey breast, threw on some mayo and added swiss cheese. Is this okay? No way was I going to fuss with eggs for myself.

I just spent a great deal of time reading over the boards and even went back a ways. Now, I am totally confused. I was under the impression that you can eat bacon, candian bacon and saugsages, but the reading says watch out for fillers and nitrates.

I thought the veggies listed under "free" in the book were ok and you guys say count the carbs. No tomotoes, no olives (black or green????) yet the book says eat them. I am not even going to get to the avacado - because I am lost on that too --- plus it is not allowed on the induction plan!!

I spent a great deal of time reading labels looking for O carbs, but now I am told there are hidden carbs. Plus, now I need to look for nitrates, fillers and sugars, too.

Today, I feel and think, I would rather be fat. Also, I have the headache you have all had and I thought I could get an idea of my fatness weight, but the scale only goes to 300 -
I mean, I "knew" I was heavy - but the fact that I could not get a "number" of weight really bothered me. You all list your starting number and were you are today and all the great progress you have made.

Today, I know I do not think I can do it and want to say the 'why bother' and grab the candy bars and sit down and eat and be miserable.

I want to much to win this battle and be like you all are. But, it seems that these two days did me in.

Sorry for the length of my post,

gonna change my moniker to "neverwin".
Sponsored Links