View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/212/130
BF:
Progress: 11%

Don't worry about the medication - I'm only reducing them with my doctors orders. She has already told me that if I am dropping too low to start subtracting my Glyburide(Diabeta) one at a time until I get the desired results.

Unfortunately I have already discussed LC with her and with my diabetes nurse and dietician. They said "absolutely NO". Even though the results are amazing for me. The area I'm living has a very short supply of doctors and most of them aren't even taking patients anymore, and I've pretty well been to all of them, none of them agree with LC what so ever.

But as I said - this works for me! Before LC my sugars were so out of control and I was already suffering from several diabetes related complications. My whole problem is that even a little bit of carbs sends my sugars up. One slice of bread can ruin it for the whole day. Of course none of them listen and keep switching me from med to med trying to find something that works. I was told if these medications didn't work that I would have to take injections. I really don't want to start that when I know it can be controlled by diet - it just makes no sense.

I don't understand their thinking!!! I"m so frustrated - if it works for me why can't they just accept that for some people this WOE may be beneficial and the benefits just might outweigh whatever risks they think there might be!

Fishinmom