#11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/167/130
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default You'll be Fine!

You've heard from everyone else, and they all speak truth.

I think the most important thing to remember on this WOE is that you do not combine refined carbs with fat. Yes you can eat bacon and eggs, but don't have that doughnut. Don't even eat a 9-grain bagel.

People on low fat eating plans restrict their intake of fat, and always feel hungry. People on low carb restrict their intake of carbs, but don't feel hungry.

Yes, you have to restrict a food group, but the difference here is that you're not hungry doing it. If you eat lots of fat and protein (on low carb), you have to restrict the carbs to force your body to use its fat for energy. If you throw in a cookie or toast or noodles or something, the body will stop burning your fat because it's easier to burn the carbs. This is OK (in moderation) AFTER you're at your goal.

This is why people will stall if they have a piece of candy here and a cookie there. You have to get your body to the point where you're burning off your stored fat. That's when you'll lose weight and shrink in size.

This can be a hard thing to do, and I know I've probably oversimplified it, but this is how I try to view things. It helps me stay away from (most of) the Halloween candy, etc.

You can do this. Just work out the cause/effect in your head and you'll be able to follow the plan just fine.