#2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 22:42
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Jalera

Unless you made a typo, then I'd say your bloodwork is perfect and desirable ... the HDL is the "good" cholesterol, and you WANT it to go up ... it is protective against the plaque buildup in the arteries. LDL is the "bad" cholesterol, and you WANT it to go down.

I posted what the numbers mean in another thread, check it out here. I listed both US values and SI, which is used everywhere else in the world, including Canada.

If it is a typo, and you meant the other way around, there may be some factors. With CAD, you are consuming more carbs, albeit only in that one-hour reward meal. There's some research to indicate this may not be helpful for blood lipid correction, since the insulin response to that once-daily carb load can have an effect on blood fats. The Eades, of Protein Power, also suggest a link between arachidonic acid and increased blood lipids, in spite of lowcarbing and in spite of successful weight loss. Arachidonic acid is abundant in the fats of red meats, and egg yolks. Check out what they have to say here.

hope this is helpful

Doreen