View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I've blown money on gym memberships in the past and rarely used them. I've got 5 kids now and there's just no way I could haul them all up to a gym to get a workout in. I use the Firm, Tae-Bo, and Winsor Pilates. The first couple of weeks, it was all I could do to fumble through a video three times a week. Now, I'm feeling so much stronger and I'm able to do so much more. Today was supposed to be a rest day for me...but I got up this morning actually *wanting* to exercise...so I popped in the Tae-Bo video. I'm up to about 5 days/week on average. I'll probably add in another day soon. I'm not losing weight any faster (in fact, I haven't lost any in over two weeks), but the inches are coming off and I'm looking much more toned and firm. I'm starting to see some definition in my arms instead of just flab. I don't care what the scale says...it's the size of my clothes that matters to me. I have a bulging disc in my back that used to bother me all the time. Now it only really bothers me on the days that I don't work out. So, I guess for me...I'd have to say my biggest motivation is the RESULTS. It's hard to get started...but once you start seeing positive changes, you won't ever want to quit!