View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I must say I didn't take a multivitamin or supplemental fiber.

I had no regularity problems at all, but then I was eating lots of vegetables!

I do take CLA, an oil supplement. When I entered a month's eating into Fitday, I was near or over 100% in all vitamins and minerals, except for Vitamin D, which I've addressed by adding yogurt to my diet.

I don't think my previous eating would have come off so well! For instance, I used to struggle to get enough calcium, and on Atkins I hit 100%.

My mom's cholesterol went down 67 points, my blood pressure became optimum.

I don't think there are any health risks with Atkins. Characterizing it as a no-vegetable way of eating is completely off base. Most people here maintain that they have never eating so many different vegetables, and I know I'm eating more leafy greens than ever before.

A sore point with me is the way Atkins get criticized as "well, we can't find any short-term health problems, but we don't know of any long term effects, blah blah blah." In the meantime, the medical establishment supports bariatric surgery, which has definite long and short term health problems!

And in a country with epidemic diabetes, dissing the Atkins approach is extremely irresponsible.