View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 06:39
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

The Atkins plan isnt anti vegetarian. You can in fact be a vegetarian and follow the Atkins plan. Being a vegan, Atkins says might be too restrictive but it isnt some sort of competition.

The only vegan groups that some of us have issues with on this forum are the radical extremist groups like peta and pcrm.

I am not sure what you are trying to figure out here as far as health problems? You want to know what health problems people developed on the plan? You want to know how its beneficial for you? Have you read the book? If not I suggest starting there and reading www.atkins.com.

As for my personal health... My overall cholestertol went down dramatically. My triglycerides went down over 200 points (They were super high even when I was 125 lbs). Ive dropped close to 80 lbs. My energy levels have soared. My kidneys are fine, my gallbladder is actually working, my liver is super, my pancreas is grateful, my bones are stronger, my brain still functions, my head is clearer, my lean muscle mass is reamining high while my fat is leaving, I am finally able to ovulate on my own regularly without meds and my PCOS symptoms are being controlled by diet alone, my skin hair and nails have never looked better, I no longer have mood swings and I am happier overall.

I have never been healthier and more energized in my life!