View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 05:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I've lost 62 pounds since Septemer 2003, so my average isn't slow. But my current loss rates are. Right now, I lose about one pound a week, and have for a couple of months.

I think for me, it's been about keeping carbs below 30, and calories in the 1500 range. I know the basic law of thermodynamics can't be violated; if I consume fewer than my body uses, I'll lose weight. So I'm now reconciled that I won't lose like I did during the first three months of low carbing, but that if I stay in the game, I will lose over time.

I think at times I read stories of people who lost 90 pounds or more in six months, I get a bit envious, but I realize that I'm not them, and everyone's body runs differently, and what am I going to do? I can't walk around envious of that anymore than I can walk around upset because I'm not as smart as Stephen Hawking. It's not the cards we're dealt that matter; it's what we do with them.

So, I'm resigned to the fact that I'll lose around a pound a week. I could improve that, as I sometimes overeat, I don't consistently exercise, and I can't do the water intake recommended. But it still works for me.

47.5 pounds in ten months isn't bad at all. The thing we're in is a marathon, not a sprint (to use a cliche!) and in another year you will be where you want to be.

Best of luck - I think your forumula is fine; if it wasn't, you'd not have succeeded as well as you have.

Scott