View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 09:47

Plan: General LC/Protein Power
Stats: 158.8/142/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Oh Lawd- I have done some of the most REDICULOUS things all in the name of diet. Da*n that Barbie doll!
- As many of the posters, I attempted the cabbage soup diet. MY GOSH- If I ever smell that nasty mix again it will be too soon. I think the principle behind that mess is that it stinks so terribly you have no desire to eat. Sure didn't work for me. I think I lasted three days.
In my teens I attempted to become a diet guru myself, inventing truly mad eating regimens, including the "7 calorie-a -day plan, consisting of SF jello (for the gelatin to keep my hair and nails healthy) and diet coke". I lasted on this ingenilus plan (of my own creation) for three weeks. I was so week and ill that my Mother had me admitted to the hospital. That plan was NOT SO WISE - but I was "skinny".
After that disaster I decided that perhaps I would follow a more liberal plan, so I invented the SF jello, diet coke, and twinkie diet. Again a flop. There were many others of my own creation that were just as rediculous, dangerous, and damaging to my poor metabolism. (And this was all in my late teens and very early 20's) I am only 26 now!
As for more conventional diet plans, I did the Slim Fast plan; I found the Pritkin Diet book in my Mother's book shelf, and attempted that as well.
Now, my goal is HEALTH!! Thank you Drs. Eadie and Dr. Atkins!