View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 19:04

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

happy easter everybody!!

woa, this new look will take some getting used to!!!

i have been camping all weekend. didn't get a chance to say hi before i left town. we go to sand lake, an area on the coast just south of tillamook. it is our 3rd annual easter weekend getaway. we take the kids, grandma and grandpa, an "aunt and uncle"-who are family friends, a brother and his girlfriend. and we all camp out for the weekend. we have 3 quads that we take turns riding on the dunes, we flew kites, had an easter egg hunt in the campsite, and the weather was absolutely wonderful!!!!!

by the way, i ate nothing but junk all weekend!!!! there i confessed!!!! will be back on track tomorrow.

wendy--congrats on dong so good with the cardio!! my current goal is to run for 2 miles at a pace of 12min miles. i currently am able to walk 5 min, run 1 mile, walk for 5 min, and run 1/2 a mile. for a total of 30 min on the treadmill. also..i agree with what was already said about protein power limiting carbs, not where they come from. so if whole grain is what you want, go for it. also... while you are trying to loose, it will feel like a diet. once you reach goal you will be able to eat more "normal", or less limited and maintain. (at least that is what i plan to do) i know i will not be able to eat as i did when i was GAINING weight, but who would want to do that again?!?! and one last thing.... about the move.... i like the pro/con list idea. and you mentioned that your BF loved the new place also....did that mean you guys might be there together, or that he would be visiting you more often so the drive to his place wouldn't be a issue. as far as more room to fill up and clean, it is still an apartment right, not THAT much more room???? still, it is YOUR choice, make sure it is what YOU want.

eightc-- you mentioned eggnog syrup. i have a bottle and i use it in coffee. starbucks got me turned on to the eggnog latte and so i improvise and use eggnog syrup and 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee sometimes.

nelson-- i did 2 weeks of phase 1 with excercise. felt it was a good way to get a "clean" start with the new plan. i only excercise 2-3 times a week though.

bawdy-- love the comment on carbs and brain function!! what does it mean if my brain didn't function to begin with, then i cut out some nasty ole carbs. it is amazing i can even function at all!!!! of course our body needs carbs!!! that is why we eat vegetables!!!

dawn-- great post this morning. and congrats on the clothes fitting better. i like that feeling myself. (although after this weekend, i am feeling a bit bloated and am wearing sweats!!!)

kat-- way to go on not starting back that nasty smoking habit!!! stay strong.

unity-- yea, down some poundage!!

hi orang, lissette,elaine, ellie, and everbody else out there in pp-pals land!!