Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 16:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Thoughts after a cheat weekend

Hi!

This weekend I cheated. Family wedding and huge get-togethers, so I carefully considered how to stay on target but then figured...ah, well. So I did the planned cheat this weekend. Tomorrow I go back on induction and hopefully within a week I'll be back on track and lose the water weight. But here are some thoughts:

1) Even though I gave myself permission to cheat, I didn't go overboard. I didn't grossly stuff myself. I avoided sugar (with the exception of one piece of wedding cake--didn't even indulge in any of the Easter candy strewn about like...well, like Easter candy.) I just didn't feel like I was somehow making up for lost time.

2) I realized how much I DON'T miss about the old WOE: the heartburn, the mood swings and mid-afternoon exhaustion, the feeling stuffed and urpy after eating carbs...I just don't miss it.

3) The stuff in which I indulged tasted good (I had two slices of pizza and had French fries, two thing) but I can live without it. I really feel that once I reach my target weight (I'm about halfway there) I'll be able to continue LC'ing. I don't feel like it's a hardship at all.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about the weekend. It was fine. I had a good time. But I'm not tempted to return to being enslaved by food. Been there, done that, bought the oversized t-shirt.

Best wishes,
Nancy
Sponsored Links