View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 08:08

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%

Hi Ramona!

I was exactly like you, I could not believe that eating this way was good for me. I like everyone else had been brainwashed and thought forsure I was going to pack on the weight on this diet instead of loosing it. But when I bought my scale and weighed in at 225, 10 more then I thought I weighed.. I was determined to give it a go.

I thought forsure I would have a cardiac stuffing my body with all this fat and protien, I mean really...bacon everyday? But after 2 days I saw results and kept on induction to loose pretty much 10 pounds in one week.... I was a carb junkie so I believe that is why I had such good results on induction... for my month in total I lost about 12 or 13.. it does slow down. However, after the initial water loss or whatever you want to call it I believe we fall into a nice appropriate time frame for loosing.. not fast not to slow.

As for after induction, myself, I raised my carbs to about 40 per day and continued....hit a plateau at 210...I have been eating anything I want lately ( no sugar and no white flour ) and I still measure carbs to stay within the 40 zone.. No weight has been lost and none has been gained. My only advice is to maybe raise carbs by 10 after induction and see if you still get results.

I started back into induction because of my plateau and have finally gotten over my stall!

This diet is sooo amazing, and the good thing is..Maintenance is not a issue because it really is my way of eating now.. forever.

I dont crave pasta or rice or potatoes, and I dont crave potatoe chips or bread... How wonderful is that?

I have kicked the carb habit.. and you can too.

About the scale... well, maybe buy one if you feel like a kick start getting going.. I know when I saw that 225 I almost died... very depressed.. but so excited to see 3 days later 223 and so on.

Best of luck
Shannon