View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 06:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dawn, good insight. Thanks!

Wendy, only you can make this decision. What I try to do is this. Write down all the pluses and minuses. Now rank them in their own lists -- which "plus" is the biggest "plus," down to the least "plus." Then, if you want to go a step further, give each a ranking of 1 to 5 (to make it easier) -- 1 is that it's in the category, but not really all that important; 5 is that this is the most important and will have the biggest impact; 3 would be average. Then add up all the points in each column. You might get a different answer than the one you're anticipating.

Remember to add in the cost of gas, utilities, groceries (would you be shopping in a different area, with perhaps different prices?), etc.

Sometimes, just writing things down helps to bring focus to a problem.

Well, it's settled. The vacation is off. It's the right thing to do, but I'm still pretty bummed about it. I don't know what's going on in DH's mind about the whole thing. He's not very talkative or open about what he's feeling. I sometimes tend to take his reticence personally, which (in saner moments, which are not often, seeing as how I'm limiting my carbs) I realize is an incorrect assessment on my part. Men are just not as open as women are. We just need to accept that, I guess.