#3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 03:42
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Less trips to the store...

I agree with all the points MB made.. while initially your bill may be slightly higher, buying fresh or frozen veggies is different than the high carb quick easy meals or cans of spaghettio's ( for example ) that one is used to buying to fill up their families...in the long run, you will find that it is less expensive, because you are eating less. As you change your WOE, most doing l/c experience less hunger, feeling full longer, so you aren't going thru all those high carb treats, breads and sugars as quickly and making mini grocery store trips.

I have found since doing this, that I grocery shop, once a week, for the veggies and other items, whereas before I was probably running to the store at least 2-3 times a week, running out of bread, etc.

My STEAL deals on meat last week, and promptly froze them in individual packages: Lean pork steaks-.99 cents a pound. Boneless Chicken breast-1.99 lb, and lean ground beef-.99cents lb.

Eggs were a BIG bargain this Easter week.. LOL! Cream cheese was on sale, philly brand for only .97 cents a package.

So..good luck, and be cautious about buying all of those expensive l/c products, once in a while, is fine.. but not to replace everything in your cupboard with what is out there... Unless you HAVE just won the lottery! I just bought the Kraft version of low carb salad dressing.. HALF the price of the carboptions brand..and same 0 carbs!

Good luck with your new WOE!