View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:48

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%
Question To diet your child or not to diet your child?

Recently, I posted because my 7 yr old dd's appetite had increased and I thought she was having a growth spurt...well, yesterday when she got up from the couch I noticed that she looked heavier. I don't know if it's true because she hasn't been back to the doctor, she was 79 lbs-(at 4 ft 5 inches) but I think she's now over that.

I was wondering if I should try to put her on a mostly low carb diet without her really knowing it since I'm lowcarb too, or if I'm just projecting my fears on her??? I mean she's considered overweight but not significantly overweight...I think there needs to be a balance in the way I think about dd's weight.

When did you think that your child was significantly overweight and did you discuss it with your doctor?

My dd takes bipolar medication which could be why she's gaining weight and having an increase in her appetite...I just don't know if it's a serious problem right now or not but seeing her plumping up concerns me...I wasn't too concerned originally because her height seemed to balance her weight but recently she is looking rounder. Help, I need advice...
Sponsored Links