Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 20:56
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Because of a small group called PCRM, an offshoot of PETA. We actually have a sub-forum here dedicated to vegetarian low-carbers. However, in the past few months, PCRM started a campaign against Dr. Atkins and low-carb diets, with some idiotic claims, suche as low-carbing makes you impotent, meats cause cancer, etc. So the least low-carbers can do, is set them straight, and prove the fallacy of such idiotic claims.

In other words, this is directed against militant vegetarians, who think no one should eat anything but what fits their vegan lifestyle, which does effect our own personal lifestyle.

Wa'il
I am really grateful for the vegetarian area. I realize that the anti-vegetarian posts don't originate with the founders or moderators of this forum. You guys rock.

As far as I know, the PCRM and/or PETA don't visit these forums, so I am not sure how we are setting anyone straight. Unless you mean that this forum is trying to make sure the members here don't get misinformation from the bad science the PCRM spouts. That I totally agree with. I have participated on some of those threads, against PCRM myself.

The posts that concern me and I think etoiles are not the ones against the PCRM or the ones against PETA, but the ones like this very thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff45
I have seen alot of threads about eating meat or being vegitarian, here is my respone to the debate .

SNIP

its that simple we are equipted to consume meat as well as veggies if we were supose to eat only sugar and carbs are mouths ould look like a honey bees.

This was not an argument against the PCRM, but a thread started to tell vegetarians they are wrong.