View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 06:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning. Looks like they've spruced up the site

Doc gave me the ok for my "itty bitty" weight training for upper body(no lifitng over 5 lbs), still limited to walking for lower body. I actually took my first long walk around the block yesterday. (Boy do I need new walking shoes! )She said I am doing great, the incision is perfect, etc, won't see her again for 4 weeks when I get my release to go back to work. I see her the day after I go to a new thyroid doc. Trying to get all my appt running around done before I go back to work in May.

Food is ok, I had some popcorn last night while watching Something's Gotta Give" with Diane Keaton on DVD. Good movie Other than that I am eating fairly cleanly. I've been snacking on a lot of ham and cheese rollups, body must want extra protein. I'm sure I will have a lot of water weight on me from the salt from the popcorn as well as the ham.

I decided I can't do a "plan" by the book, eliminating whole groups of foods permanently isn't going to work for me. I am starting with PP as a baseline but am having the occasional brown rice or whole grain. It's not about carb craving, it feels more balanced when I eat that way for me.If I want a snack like popcorn, then I'm going to have it, just not all the time. I tried Bawdy's thing about buying all you want of something (no sugar ice cream) and surprise, I have not wolfed down all the cartons. I haven't had the fries since a few days ago, they are still in the freezer too.The permission thing might be a big factor for me. Thanks for turning me on to that
I am still eating less carbs than I was and plan to keep doing that. I guess I'm the "hedonist" PPer???