#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 17:45
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Stuffed zucchini and eggplant with pictures

My sister was hanging out with me while I was cooking dinner tonight and snapped a few pictures.

This came out awesome!
I am not good with quantities and I was making a 2 large dishes, so you can adjust accordingly.

Stuffed Zucchini

Peel zucchini and slice into thick chunks then hollow out the middles and set aside

Take ground meat, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and a dash of cinnamon.

Stuff the ground meat inside the hollowed zucchini.

Heat up some olive oil in a pan.

Dip the zucchini in eggwash

fry lightly on all sides till browned.

In a large pot heat up some olive oil and fry up the insides of the zucchini, add a can of tomato paste (some onion if you want) more salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix it around and then add about 3-4 cups of water depending on how much you are making but enough to create a tomato-type broth. Put the fried zucchini pieces into the broth and cook for about 45 minutes.

Stuffed eggplant
I had extra meat so I had a few eggplants and decided to stuff them too.
Peel most of the eggplant and cut into thick slices lengthwise.

Create slits going about 3/4 way up the slices in the middle

form small patties with the meat and stuff it in.

Dip in eggwash and fry in olive oil till browned.

Make a sauce with tomato paste, cumin, fresh garlic chunks and only about a cup of water. Put them in a stoneware roasting pan, pour the sauce over, cover and bake for about an hour.

Both of these came out great, I cant decide which I liked more. Sorry I dont have a picture of the final product. By the time we were having dinner the battery on her camera died but it all got devoured.
Sponsored Links