#3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 10:42
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Ramona

S'okay .. yes low-carbing really works. How could you NOT get healthy by eating real natural meats, eggs, fish and fresh vegetables and salads? Real dairy butter and natural olive and vegetable oils.? How "healthy" is white flour, white bread, white pasta, white rice, margarine, sugar, sugar, sugar? OK, I'll stop ranting .. I understand what you're feeling though ... the media and marketers of processed starch and sugar foods have a lot invested to convince the public that HIGHcarb is the way to live.

Click on Success Stories on the orange menu bar at the top of the page. Scroll down to the Journals/Bootcamp forum .. and read about members who are losing weight and getting healthy with low-carbing. Read through the Health forums, you'll see folks with all kind of health problems - heart, cholesterol, diabetes, depression, thyroid, etc .. all feeling better than they have in years by eating low-carb. Many have been able to get off medications!

Follow Atkins Induction to the letter. It's only 2 weeks ... that's ten more days for you. You can do this!! Then you can decide whether or not this is for you. But, I think you will be so pleased with the fat-loss, and how much better you feel, you'll WANT to stick with it forever.

Another piece of advice: don't be in a hurry to get those scales. Quite a few members only weigh once a month. One member refused to buy scales ... but when she visited the local KMart, used a display model to weigh when she shopped once in a while .. Your best guide is a measuring tape. And your clothes fitting looser and looser. Do take your measurements, and not just the "basic three" - chest, waist, hips. Measure your ribcage under the bust, your arms, legs, neck etc ... since it's normal to sometimes lose from one area, and not from another from month to month.

You can do this!!!

Doreen