View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 11:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I'll be 60 in august -- so do I count as a 60-year-old???

Anyway, I've been low-carbing for many years, got my weight down where I wanted it but then it started creeping up. My husband and I both low-carb (though he's downright skinny, mostly follows this WOE because it's done wonders for his bloodwork).

We eat very well -- decided that maybe that's my problem -- love foods like lasagna (no carbs but probably thousands of calories), steak, carb-sense ice cream, etc., etc. I seldom cheat (perhaps every three months we get a (real) pizza, and sometimes I eat some fruit (apples, bananas), but I bet my carb count is higher than I can tolerate (especially since I've been reading about how some of the sugar alcohols aren't really 0-carb).

So I am on the third day of induction, plus I'm taking l-carnitine, will see if that helps! My weight was down 3 pounds this morning, and I'm in heavy ketosis -- but then, my weight had just ballooned up about 10 pounds (since the first of the year).....

We're looking forward to retirement (32 months to go!) -- have bought a lot in Venice, FL (will build when we get there) -- and I am so looking forward to long walks on the beach and water sports -- and for that I'll need to wear a bathing suit ... Right now there is no way that I can appear in public with one on -- when we go there for vacations, I wear long t-shirts over everything!

I am going to have breast-reduction surgery (can you imagine -- a 60 year-old woman with a bosom that's firm and situated the right place on her chest! whoopee!!!) in 3 weeks -- hopefully, that'll help, there will be so many new clothing options (like a blouse that buttons!) that I'm hoping will help keep me motivated to stick to induction level....

Guess I've rambled long enough!