View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 07:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Orang-I think you hit the nail on the head! I like having a large evening meal, but without some kind of restrictions, I don't always make the best choices. On Protein Power, I knew I couldn't have the bread or dessert, but on CAD, I have to self-impose limits. When I cook for myself during the week, I've been playing around with caloric/carb amounts at dinner. The couple meals ago that I described were both around 600-700 calories and around 60-70g carbs, both which seem reasonable to me. The first time around, I think I was just "testing" things, to see how far I could push and get away with, kind of like teenagers do with their parents. When I started seeing the negative effects, I freaked out resorted back to what I knew, to get back on track. But now I know. I know I cannot have both chips and flour tortillas at a meal. I know that I cannot have both rice and a massive restaurant-style dessert. They say on the CAD that everyone goes through the "kid in the candy store" syndrome, but I thought I was stronger than that. I guess it is just a natural adjustment.

And it is nice to have set breakfasts and lunches, as you mention. It involves much less planning and obsessing, b/c you already know good combinations ahead of time. Makes it a lot easier. Thanks for the thoughts and support!