Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 15:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/190/190 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello 2fast4u, I am also new to these forums, however I've been LCing for about 3 years.

Some background.....
When someone goes on a very low calorie diet, something very nasy happens to your body, it goes into starvation mode and gears for survival. For all it knows, you are on a desert island and fighting for your life.

"So what.", you may ask, "I'm losing weight right?" Yes you will lose weight, but what type of weight are you actually losing? Lean muscle mass mainly!

"So what.", again you may say, "at least I weight less:. True you weigh less, but your Body fat% is now higher and your metabolism is burning less fat since lean muscle mass burns calories. Low calorie diets will wreck your metabolism.... period.

Now that you are on Atkins, I asume you are eating a more normal amount of calories a day. Your body thanks you! The fact that you gained weight means nothing other than you are repairing the damage you did on the low calorie diet. The fact that your clothes are looser is the BEST indication of your success. Remember, the scales can be you friend or your worst enemy. Never gage your success only by them or you will be disapointed. How your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror are far better indicators than what a $19.95 bathroom scale reads.

It sounds to me like you are headed in the right direction. Keep it up!!