#5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpsoguy
I think this campaign is another poor attempt by PETA to convert people to vegetarianism. It shocks more people and moves them away from veganism than it does educate them, and that's not a good thing.

It's actually a very good thing, given that veganism is an unnatural and unhealthy way of eating. You're very correct in saying that PETA does the vegetarian cause much more harm than it does good. Humanity evolved on meat; it's absolutely impossible to refute that. We were meant to eat it, and it's neither immoral or unhealthy.

PETA really alienates those middle-grounders who might believe in some of the same things it does. I personally eat the way I want to, and don't care what others eat. I don't even mind hearing about it from those who mistakenly believe that a proven unnatural diet is better for me than the one that's saved my life. I have no particular fervor for a low-carb, meat-heavy diet other than the fact that it's so amazingly effective and so healthy. It's a method. I just don't see eating as a religion, which is what you see from many vegetarians.