View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 08:52

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi folks - not going to post yesterday's menu because I didn't fix any of it so don't know the ingredients and amounts. Eating was not horrible, but not good either - had a cheddar bay biscuit at Red Lobster (rest of meal was very LC) and know my mom's coleslaw had sugar in it at lunch and suppect there was some white flour in the fried squash. Weight is 174 lbs this AM and I'm in very light ketosis (nothing on the stick, but the tell-tale funky breathe is present)

Bawdy, so good to see you back on track.

Dawn, your hubby and mine are twins... I'm also in awe over your schedule.

Interesting article. Parallels a lot of the things we teach newcomers to 12-step programs - especially the mourning / adjustment stuff.

Wendy, great to see you stick with the working out. DBF is sounding more and more like a keeper. Finding someone who supports your goals even when you are weak isn't easy. Re: not feeling like a workout is a workout - that is what happens when you start to really get into shape -- the workouts don't half-kill you anymore. The 8.6 mile hike I did Sunday was fairly easy - a month ago it would have left me drained for a week.

Robin, sounds like you are doing well also - listen to your body re: adjusting carbs.

Unity, congrats on the weight loss! How about posting what you are eating - inquiring minds want to know

Songberrie, sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kat, great to see you - I've PMed you my phone number - should be a local cal from your mom's house. Sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well - hope they can find a pain management program that works for her. My parents are also elderly and my mom has Parkinsons and likely Alzheimers - had dinner with my brother last night to discuss how to care for mom long-term as Dad is 82 and not going to be able to take care of Mom much longer.

Re: swimsuit - great find. Know about the chemicals and suits - I was in water therapy for about three years. Nylon and polyesters hold up better to the chemical onslaught than spandex if you can find suits made with those fibers.

acipenser (Michelle), I'm in awe over your busy schedule

Paris, hope TOM is behaving better today. I haven't had TOM issues in several years (menopausal), but things were really rough when I did. I didn't get cranky so much, but I got cramps so bad that I was unable to keep food down and landed in the hospital several times a year with dehydration from that.

Ellie, glad you are at the end of the BCP's. Sorry they don't seem to be working for you. Hope the docs can find a solution soon.

Your menus look great - as always.

Rob, Marnie, Carrie (eightc) - don't make me organize a search party.... Would be nice to hear from Karen and Kristine also, but know y'all are busy folks.