View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 13:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Question Another newbie with 2 questions

After spending the last 4 hours reading the resources at this site (the info pages and some forum messages) it's time to introduce myself.

I'm 46 and have put on 60 pounds in the last 15 years. My sister suggested a major lifestyle change, starting with better eating habits (high protien, low carbs) This is going to be a major challenge, since my biggest weakness is bread. Bagels in the morning, sandwiches at lunch, warmed rolls with dinner. Plus my 2 favorite sidedishes with dinner are potatoes and corn. After reading the FAQs and amazing info here, I now understand why the weight has come.

I haven't picked a lifestyle change plan yet...still researching and reading..but thought that cutting back on at least bread,potatoes and corn would help ease into things...

My 2 questions:

Water water water? Water is a new food for me, and after 2 days of 64 oz, well, let's just say that one very small room in our house is getting very busy. Will my body adjust to this in time so that I'm not running for a visit every 20 minutes?

Homemade soups? The last couple of weekends I've been cooking up a storm making homemade soups to take for lunch. There's almost a month's worth of chicken noodle (darn those noodles), jambalyia (well at least it has lots of protein but I wish I had known about the rice before), and sweet potato chowder (there's no hope for this one...all carbs and practically no protein) Since I'm the only soup eater in the house, will I still be able to use these up until a time when I learn to cook more healthy?

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond.
Sponsored Links