View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 16:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, the YMCA & praying like the dickens!
Stats: 240/228.5/125 Female 63
BF:God Only Knows!
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Hi Irisda

Our stories are very much the same, I've been hiding behind my weight for 20 years after being assaulted. The assault coming out of the gym when I was my thinnest weight ever basically told me that when you're thin, you get attacked and deserve it. I know better now.

I too lost about 35lbs awhile back, but when guys started paying attention to me I too freaked out and gained it all back and more. I took almost a year to get ready to lose this weight for good, counseling, reading (Dr. Phil's book is awesome), weaning myself off carbs so I wouldn't get all sickly.

No one pays any attention to me when I go anywhere, it is like you are invisible, sitting at Starbucks in the comfy chairs, people will actually sit farther away, as if no one wants anyone to know they're associated with that fat girl. Ironically, I gained weight so people would leave me alone, now of course I find I don't actually want to be alone........hmmmmmmm.

As for attention from men once I lose more weight, I'll just deal with that as it comes, but it won't send me back in the other direction ever again..........

As for safe places, ironically the YMCA feels very safe to me, I can work out without anyone bothering me, it's not a meat market, no one cares what you are wearing or how much you're huffing & puffing at some machine in your baseball hat

C