Thread: I am very upset
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 23:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Karen, I'm so new here I have no right to say this -- but I've had the same experience so many times, I just had to. You haven't been "bad"; please don't be upset. Why do you have to start all over? You're in this for the long haul. Today was one day, tomorrow is another. That's all.

For the future, I can give you two tips -- if I'd followed this advice when I was your age, I wouldn't be here today Plan. To do this, you need to know what you can eat. Anybody can make a mistake, and we'll all probably make hundreds of them before getting this WOE down. But check out a list of foods that are no or low carb; then you won't get caught in the Peanut Trap again. Also, plan your meals. If you know you often go out with friends, have a list of foods you can eat in your head, so you won't be stuck in a situation where there's nothing LC around.

As for the scale, I understand that too. It's really a bummer. But you don't weigh any more today than you did yesterday. You're the same. The scale is different. I've spent the last two days reading these posts -- there's so much good, friendly, supportive information here. I'm sure you'll get a lot of it -- and one thing you'll read over and over: don't get hung up on a number.

The point is to find a way of eating you can live with for life, and be healthy.

All best to you. You can do this.