View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 14:01

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

Since I am eating pretty stick I have found I have virtually no cravings for sweets at all. I was very nervous when we gave up the low carb ice cream that I would have a hard time, but truth is, I am doing better without it and do not miss the sweets at all. A friend and I went to lunch today after our hubbies went to work, and there were pictures of pies and stuff on the table. I looked at it and thought, I do not even want that. Sugar had begun to make my tongue burn, and the texture of sugary things felt awful in my mouth. I think that plus the pain I was in before low carb have helped me to have a much better mindset this time around.
I will make up some low carb treats from time to time, but there is no urgency to do so. I have an occasional low carb yogurt, maybe once or twice a week, but again, do not crave them.
It is freedom for sure to not have the sugar overwelming my life. When not eating low carb I ate horrible. Too much breads and sweets, more baked than candy, I am not a big candy person, candy has been bothering me for a while, but baked stuff I could still eat for a long time, and then finally it started to affect me too.
It is almost impossible to make someone understand. The usual comment is, oh, I can't give up my bread, no way, and that is the end of the discussion. Too bad, I wonder sometimes how many people would be releived of health problems, and live much better if they would do low carb eating. It is a shame.
Stephie