View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:42

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Symptoms of low blood sugar or blood pressure?

Hi all. Last night I experienced some symptoms and wanted to get some opinions on them.

Yesterday a.m. due to my schedule I was unable to eat breakfast (we were supposed to have breakfast out so didn't take anything and ended up not having time.). We went out for lunch around 1 p.m. and I ate my carb limit for the day plus 10. I must admit that I did have small amounts of items with white flour and/or sugar in them, although I did eat meat and lc veggies for the most part. At around 7:30 p.m. I began getting a bit dizzy so I ate some roast and cheese about 8:30. Pre-Atkins I suffered pretty bad low blood sugar symptoms and cheese always did the trick. Last night it did not. My dizzyness got progressively worse - to the point of major nausea. I finally went and laid down and could literally not move I was so dizzy. While I was lying there I heard a loud popping sound in my ear. I was also having these weird shock-like feelings in my head. They did not hurt, just felt weird. My head was also very cold.

By the way...I've been doing Atkins for 11 months. I'm in OWL. And I've eaten very small amounts of sugar and white flour a very few times since starting, but never had such a bad reaction. I don't think I've ever been so lax about going so long between meals, though.

This morning I feel fine. I am thinking the symptoms are low blood sugar due to me having missed breakfast and eating all my carbs at lunch and waiting 7 more hours to eat again.

Dh is wondering if it has to do with my blood pressure, or possibly my blood thinners.

I did do some research on this forum and all the threads I read indicate that it was probably low blood sugar. But none of the threads described exactly what I experienced, so thought I would ask for opinions. I appreciate any and all.
Sponsored Links