#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Default My husband sabotages my diet

Both my husband and I are overweight. I have thryroid disease and it is very difficult for me to lose weight. No matter how much I try, my weight has settled around 250. Even if I lose 10-20 lbs., it seems like it still goes back up to 250. My husband weighs about 275. I think one reason we let our weight creep up was because we are both tall. I am 5'10" and he is 6' 2." I try to lose weight and he just talks about it. Since the kids are grown up and it is just my husband and I now, I just cook for 2, so you think it would be easy. However he won't do anything drastic to change. He won't agree to low carb. He won't stop buying sugar to put in his tea. I sneakily put Splenda in the sugar bowl, but he noticed and said he didn't like it. He brings home cookies and cokes all the time. This morning I ran out of coffee and he was going to go get gas before he had to go to work, so I asked him to buy me a cup of coffee. Well, he did PLUS a donut. I hated to fuss at him since he was just trying to be nice. I don't know what to do. No matter how many times I discuss weight loss with him, it seems to go in one ear and out the other. I am not blaming my husband on my weight problems, but I wish he would be more aware of our mutual weight problems for both our sakes.
Sponsored Links