View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:17

Plan: My own low carb diet
Stats: 215/188/180 Male 6'
BF:bad better perfect
Progress: 77%

thanks for all the replies.
trying to explain a little more about myself here.
I'm an individual who takes in every information possible, processes it and then tries to mix it to come to my one way of doing things.
I know, there are many things that are being done a certain way for a long time and why change it if it works.
at the same time I know that there are most of the time more then one solution to the same problem.

I'm doing atkins (or call it my adjusted atkins, if you like to) to lose weight and get to my goal of 180 pounds.
I would never live the atkins way of life and will always eat chocolate and all the other "bad foods" (I could go into discussions about this or write a book about it, but let's just keep it with that.
I went through something very similar some 5 years ago.
I was a heavy smoker 1-2 packs a day, for some 20 years, with the occasional failed period trying to stop.
yes, I heard it all, read it all and the doctors kept on telling the same ways how to quit.
one thing the improved my smoking habits a lot was the patch, I got to the point where I smoked "only" 2-3 packs a week.
I did this for about two years and kept on looking for other solutions how to quit.
when I finally found my own way (it made sense to me), everybody told me it is wrong, will not work, it's replacing one bad habit with another, it's even worse, etc. etc.
but guess what, I did it anyways and I haven't touched a cigarette in 5 years and just the thought about it makes me throw up.
when ever I got the urge to smoke, I lighted a cigar (a big one) I smoked the whole thing at once and inhaled (have you ever tried to inhale that stuff?)
it started with 1-2 a day and got to 2 a week within like 3 weeks.
even these made me sick and I stooped.
as said before, this was 5 years ago and all the nay sayers where just amazed in how well it worked for me.
and thats the magic sentence (it worked for me)
I just try to tell you that I never give up when I have my mind set on something, it took me close to ten years to stop smoking, but at the end I succeeded.
I could tell you many more stories like this, but I hope this tells you a little more about myself.
my mind is now set to get to a weight of 180 pounds. I will get there, no matter what it takes.
believing in the atkins woe or wol, is one thing, to use atkins to get to a certain weight is another.
many things in life are not just black or white, there are many shades of gray in between.
that we got fat is 99% of the time the result of the same thing - we ate to much of the wrong things
atkins made me very aware of this and there is a big difference in my book, if I eat a big mac meal every day or one a week, if I eat a whole large chocolate bar 3 times a day, or one bar twice a week etc.
for the once that where offended by me using the "Atkins OWL" in my profile, I just changed that.
I hope I can continue to post in the Atkins forum, since I personally still consider myself doing atkins to lose weight.
thank you for your understanding.